Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Today I learned...

Today I learned this: take any British actor you can think of, and I guarantee there is a picture out there of him drinking tea. I was doing some light fangirling on Pinterest today, and I noticed that a picture of Tom Hiddleston I saw had something in common with one of Benedict Cumberbatch: they both had a cup of tea in hand. Being the random American tea lover and Anglophile that I am, I couldn't help but get a chuckle out of that. So I looked up a few more actors. And then a lot more. Because there were that many to find (and because I was bored). I now have a collection of The Most British Pictures Ever that I don't know what to do with, so I guess I'll post my results here.


You get a double shot of Tom Hiddleston - a cute one and a funny one - since he's what started this madness. You can thank me later.

"The most British man to ever British." Completely accurate. And really adorable. Like everything that comes out of his mouth.

Next up is Benedict Cumberbatch. This is the picture that made me originally think, "Hah! Him and Hiddleston. Ah, the English and their tea." Little did I suspect.

David Tennant. In a cupboard. As one does.

Daniel Craig. Leave it to him to look completely badass while doing something often associated with little girls in frilly pink dresses and their teddy bears.

Gary Oldman. This one's even got HP Sauce on the table. Perfect.

Jude Law. You're starting to see what I'm saying, right? There is no shortage of these photos.

Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't mind looking at Michael Fassbender's eyes twinkling at me over a teacup every morning. Technically, I'm not sure if he actually qualifies as British - his mother is Northern Irish, but he great up in the Republic of Ireland, but whatever, they're all a bunch of tea drinkers - he's from the British Isles, that's close enough. (Hehe, American logic!)

Even Hugh Laurie, whom we Americans are always surprised to learn is English, is enjoying a nice cuppa. I think most of us have figured it out by now, but there for a while I couldn't believe the number of people who watched House and didn't know of the existence of Jeeves & Wooster.

 
Alan Rickman even has a video of himself drinking tea. Seriously, watch it - it has DRAMA!!! The only bummer is that he doesn't talk in it.

This is when things started getting a little weird. This is Colin Firth, apparently. Taking a tea shower. I just...don't even know.  This makes me NOT want to drink tea. Sorry, Colin - you're still the best Mr. Darcy, though.

Aaaaaand then there's this one, with Jude Law and Ewan McGregor. Yeahhhh. You probably didn't want to see this, but neither did I. "One lump or two?" ...Oh god, I wish I hadn't made that joke. *takes rocket ship to other end of universe* *meanwhile a second Boston Tea Party takes place as a result*

Um, so yeah, now that things are incredibly awkward and your appetite is ruined, the end! But I was right, wasn't I? EVERY. SINGLE. ACTOR. This is as far as I got, but I'm sure I could've found dozens more. To make up for that last one, I did find one more that isn't cracked out, though. It has nothing to do with tea, but at the beginning I said these were The Most British Pictures Ever, and I was wrong. This is The Most British Picture Ever.

It could use a cup of tea in there somewhere, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment